bumper adj : extraordinarily abundant; "a bumper crop"
1 a glass filled to the brim (especially as a toast); "we quaffed a bumper of ale"
2 a mechanical device consisting of bars at either end of a vehicle to absorb shock and prevent serious damage
- Rhymes with: -ʌmpə(ɹ)
- Someone or something that bumps.
- A bouncer.
- Parts at the front and back of a vehicle which are meant to absorb the impact of a collision.
- Any mechanical device
used to absorb an impact, soften a collision, or protect against impact.
- The company sells screw-on rubber bumpers and feet.
- A side wall of a pool table.
- A drinking vessel filled to the brim.
- In the context of "television|radio": A short ditty or jingle used to separate a show from the advertisements.
someone or something that bumps
- Dutch: botser
- Finnish: törmääjä
impact absorber in an automobile
mechanical device to absorb impact
side wall of a pool table
- Dutch: boord, kant
- Finnish: valli
drinking vessel filled to the brim
short ditty or jingle used to separate a show from the advertisements
- Dutch: jingle, aankondigingsjingle
- Dutch: groot, vol, immens
- Finnish: runsas
- A bumper of a car.
Bumper can refer to:
- Bumper (automobile), the part of an automobile designed to help it withstand the impact of a collision
- In pinball, a bumper is device used to rebound the ball.
- Buffer stop, a device used on railroads to stop rolling stock
- Commercial bumper, a transition segment used in broadcasting
- Bumper car, an electric car ride typically found at fairs and amusement parks
- Bumper (rocket), a V2-derived sounding rocket
- Bumper crop, a surplus of crop(s) in a given season
- Bumper race, a race without hurdles for young horses
- Bumper, a slang expression for a drinking vessel filled to the brim
- Bumper, a character in the game Diddy Kong Racing
- Bumper, a reggaeton song by Voltio
- Bumpers (album), a 1970 compilation album from Island Records
- Bumper, a fictional character in the Transformers franchise.
bumper in German: Bumper
aegis, arm guard, backstop, barrier, bellyful, beverage, big, brattice, buffer, buffer state, bulkhead, bulwark, capacity, charge, cloison, collision mat, complement, considerable, contraceptive, copyright, cram, crash helmet, crush, cushion, dashboard, diaphragm, dissepiment, dividing line, dividing wall, division, dodger, draft, dram, drench, drink, face mask, fender, fill, finger guard, foot guard, full house, full measure, fuse, goggles, goodly, governor, grand, great, guard, guardrail, gulp, guzzle, hand guard, handrail, hard hat, healthy, helmet, insulation, interlock, interseptum, jam up, knee guard, knuckle guard, lading, laminated glass, lap, large, large-scale, libation, life preserver, lifeline, lightning conductor, lightning rod, load, man-sized, mask, mat, midriff, midsection, mouthful, mudguard, nip, nose guard, numerous, pad, padding, palladium, panel, paries, partition, party wall, patent, peg, pilot, portion, potation, preventive, property line, prophylactic, protective clothing, protective umbrella, pull, quaff, safeguard, safety, safety glass, safety plug, safety rail, safety shoes, safety switch, safety valve, screen, seat belt, separation, septulum, septum, shield, shin guard, shock pad, sip, sizable, skinful, slurp, snootful, snort, substantial, suck, sun helmet, sup, swig, swill, tall, tidy, tot, umbrella, wall, windscreen, windshield